The sound generation is based on physical modeling, no sampling is involved; just a totally accurate faithful reproduction of the original tonewheel instrument with all its imperfections has been encoded into a dedicate hardware board. This means that the organs is ready to play immediately after the start-up and there is no risk of any crashes or needs to reboot. The 91 digital tonewheels implemented on the hardware board are always “ready to use” like in the original instrument so there is no delay between the pressure of a key and the time the sound comes out because nothing has to be calculated. There is no fixed phase relationship among the tonewheels themselves and this confers to the sound a unique liveliness. All the physical controllers (keys, drawbars, rocker tabs, switches…) interact with the sound generator through dedicated hardware and specific high-speed communication protocols, eliminating the utilization of the MIDI interface inside the organ along with all the problems which sometimes may be connected to that.
We do not cut corners in the design and manufacturing of our organs, the best materials, the best solutions are applied in every particular, in every detail with focus on function, robustness and, last but not least, a very appealing and smooth feeling both for your eyes and hands. 1st class quality components are used everywhere, from the keyboards to the smallest resistor.
The bodies of our instruments are made of extra thick aircraft aluminum panels so that they are rigid and light in weight at the same time.
The precious hardwood side panels are CNC cut and hand finished to combine the accuracy of the computer controlled machine with the warm touch of human hands.
Double sided PCB’s are used everywhere, even when not strictly necessary, because of their inherent superior reliability.
Light color hardwoods, can be manually stained/painted in the color of your choice with specific dyes to highlight the beautiful grain of wood and … allow you to trigger the envy of the most sophisticated guitar player you will ever play with :-). The protective coat, made from polyurethane transparent varnish, can have mat, semi-gloss or high gloss finish.
MAG Custom Organs must be able to survive the punishment of rough stage life without any problems, so we carefully test every unit with a 24 hour burn-in, during which they undergo several heavy mechanical shocks to be sure nothing will prematurely stop working or come loose during normal use.
Even though we are convinced to have the best sounding engines available today, we want to protect our clients’ investments making our organs “future-proof” as much as possible. They can be used as MIDI controllers for any current and possibly future hardware or software external sound generators.
- Accurate reproduction of the original control panel lay-out
- Smoothly operating rocker tabs
- Metal drawbars on techno-polymer guides with early style knobs, carefully replicating the well known “soft-click”
- Original style Run/Off switch and plate
- Unlimited polyphony (2 x 61+25 notes)
- 91 always “spinning” digital tonewheels; leakage/crosstalk, flutter and the different harmonic distortion and output voltage characteristics of pick-ups and filters systems of any individual tone in the generator has been accurately encoded in the sound engine
- Faithful reproduction of Vibrato/Chorus scanner sound via digital L/C delay line
- Percussion accurately modeled after the original
- Accurate implementation of keyboard fold-back and tapering
- Lively random emulation of the real key-click perfectly simulating the breaking of the 549 contacts in each keyboard. Key-click can be finely tuned through two different parameters
- 3 different Reverb algorithm with independently adjustable intensity
- Fat, tube-alike sounding overdrive
- More than 20 so called “Hidden Parameters” can be fine tuned to perfectly set-up the organ according to the player preferences. They cab be adjusted to closely emulate different settings, tuning, variations of age, components, and maintenance status of the old consoles at present days
- Split function allows to assign Pedals (and Lower Manual as well in single manual organs) to keyboards.
- Sustain for Pedals (String-Bass like tone when activated)
- Internal accurate emulation of classic rotary speaker finely adjustable on more than 10 different parameters
- Separate output for organ manuals, pedals and L+R rotary effect emulator.
- Separate pedals output assignable to rotary emulator/rotary multipin interface
- Multipin interface for direct connection of current rotary speakers, to control their speed directly from the organ (or pedals/switches connected to it).
- 2 MIDI In (K and P) for receiving the signals from an additional keyboard and/or pedalboard
- MIDI Out for controlling other sound engines (transmitting outgoing signals from drawbars and other hardware controllers)
- As an option and by far the most commonly selected one, a Mini Vent II from Neo Instruments can be built into the organ and wired so that all its functions adjustable from the control panel. It’s parameters, i.e. speed of rotors, balance between horn and drum, drive and microphone distance are adjustable and can be stored in 2 presets so that at the flip of a switch is possible to toggle between two different settings.